Today’s Phishing experience is brought to you by ‘Not the Commonwealth Bank’.
Let’s work through the highlighted fields to show why this is a ‘fake’ email and deserves nothing but the delete key:
- Name of the sender is Commonwealth Bank but the email address is email@example.com
- Possible Spam pre-fixed to the subject
- Outlook has added a warning ‘This message was identified as a phishing scam.‘
- If you hover over the ‘Click here to proceed‘ you are shown the following web site http://www.viamanaus.###.br/wp-admin/user/account/Login.php
- Our SPAM filter also displays the sender details as firstname.lastname@example.org
Then there is the poor English and Grammar
If you are receiving lots of SPAM or Phishing emails and require assistance call us on 1300 872727 or visit our contacts page.